Broccoli Tots: A Healthier Baked Twist on Tots! by Erica Kane
2 years ago
Tots without the tater? Yep! Your kids will love these broccoli tots!
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs (can use gluten-free)
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/3 cup scallions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Here’s how you make them:
- Pulse the broccoli florets in a food processor until totally chopped up. Toss chopped broccoli into a large bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, cheese, scallion, garlic, water and Sriracha and blend with a spoon.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and add to broccoli mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place broccoli in fridge for 15-20 minutes, then form them into tots.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Check the bottoms at that time and if they're not brown yet, add another 5. Flip and cook until top is brown, about 10-15 more minutes.