This Easy Bacon Clam Chowder Recipe Is Creamy & Comforting by 30Seconds Food
Creamy and comforting, this New England clam chowder recipe is a must-have soup recipe any time of year. And this savory soup recipe is a breeze to make for lunch or dinner.
This easy clam chowder recipe begins with bacon. That means this rich chowder recipe is loaded with flavor and texture that will have you wanting more and more.
For a party, this seafood recipe would be fun served in shot glasses or small mugs. We think you and your family will love cozying up with this bacon soup recipe. Make a pot this weekend!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 4 - 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped small
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half or heavy cream
- 2 – 3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans clams, plus their liquid
- oyster crackers or slices of toasted baguette
Here's how to make it:
- In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- To the bacon grease (you can remove some if you feel it’s too much) add the butter, chopped onion and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add the flour and stir until blended.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking, until it’s smooth. Add the half and half or cream, potatoes and bay leaf. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the clams and their liquid and the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Heat through. Serve with oyster crackers or toasted baguette slices.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
New England Cookbooks $3 & Up
Soup Bowls $7 & Up
Oyster Crackers $2 & Up
Minced Clams $5 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.