Easy Clam Chowder Recipe: You Don't Have to Be From the Northeast to Love This New England Clam Chowder Recipe by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- 4 - 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped small
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half or heavy cream
- 2 – 3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans clams, plus their liquid
- oyster crackers or slices of toasted baguette
Here's how to make it:
- In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- To the bacon grease (you can remove some if you feel it’s too much) add the butter, chopped onion and celery. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add the flour and stir until blended.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking, until it’s smooth. Add the half and half or cream, potatoes and bay leaf. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the clams and their liquid and the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Heat through. Serve with oyster crackers or toasted baguette slices.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
New England Cookbooks $3 & Up
Soup Bowls $7 & Up
Oyster Crackers $2 & Up
Minced Clams $5 & Up
Bay Leaves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.