Nothing warms you up like a creamy bowl of potato soup. You know what I'm talking about! This recipe is ready in about 30 minutes and is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Toppings: green onion, crumbled bacon, additional cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- In a soup pot, combine the milk and flour and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook about 1 minute. Add the mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook over medium-low heat about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the sour cream or yogurt and the green onions. Cover and cook on low about 10 minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with desired toppings.