Fast Baked Potato Soup Recipe: This Creamy 20-Minute Baked Potato Soup Recipe Is a Bowl of Comfort by Donna John
Nothing comforts you like a creamy bowl of potato soup. You know what I'm talking about! This recipe is ready in about 20 minutes and is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Toppings: green onion, crumbled bacon, additional cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- In a soup pot, combine the milk and flour and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook about 1 minute. Add the mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook over medium-low heat about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the sour cream or yogurt and the green onions. Cover and cook on low about 10 minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.