20-Minute Baked Potato Soup Recipe Is a Bowl of Comfort (6 Ingredients) by Donna John
Nothing comforts you like a creamy bowl of potato soup. I'll bet you know exactly what I'm talking about! But sometimes you want a shortcut recipe to speed up the cooking process. This fast and easy potato soup recipe uses mashed potatoes, so no peeling and boiling fresh potatoes. (Yes, fresh is best but sometimes quick is what you need.)
This creamy baked potato soup recipe is ready in about 20 minutes, and is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Dinner is served, simply and deliciously. Top a steaming hot bowl of this potato soup with chopped green onions, crumbled crisp bacon and more grated cheddar cheese. You could even add a dollop of sour cream. This recipe can easily be doubled.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 to 3
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Here's how to make it:
- In a soup pot, combine the milk and flour and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook about 1 minute. Add the mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook over medium-low heat about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add the sour cream or yogurt and the green onions. Cover and cook on low about 10 minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.