Easy Oatmeal Fruit Cookie Breakfast Bars Recipe Will Change the Way You Breakfast & Snack by Kathy Widenhouse
Use ingredients already in your pantry to make this easy oatmeal fruit cookie bars recipe. Breakfast or snacking will never be the same.
To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free oats and gluten-free flour. Try different dried fruits to create a breakfast cookie recipe all your own.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups oatmeal (rolled oats or quick oats)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dried fruit, any combination (raisins, dried cranberries, apricots, dates, plums, apples, etc.)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Use aluminum foil or parchment paper to line a 13x9-inch baking pan and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Set the pan aside.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, cream together butter, honey, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda and oats. Stir until well-mixed. The mixture will form large, soft clumps.
- Stir in dried fruit and nuts.
- Press mixture into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 18 to 20 until edges begin to turn brown. Remove the pan from oven. Use a small loaf pan or other smooth-bottomed dish to press the bars flat.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely. Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to cut into six rows of four or any size you wish. Store the bar cookies in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week. You can also freeze them to serve later.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Electric Mixers $10 & Up
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
Aluminum Foil $3 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Dried Fruit $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Rolled Oats $3 & Up
Quick Oats $2 & Up
Chopped Nuts $3 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Pizza Cutters $5 & Up
Loaf Pans $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Going to make them right now!