Nothing is more American than apple pie, and nothing welcomes fall better than a warm apple pie right out of the oven. This simple apple pie recipe has just enough cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon to not only make the perfect apple pie, but also to make your entire kitchen smell amazing.
What's even better than a slice of this delicious apple pie for dessert? The fact that no one will know how easy it is to make. Bake one up for your family this weekend and, if you're feeling extra nice, top it with a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 1 pie
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- 5 - 6 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Here’s how you make it:
- Take two pie crusts that are at room temperature. Lay one on the bottom a glass pie plate or aluminum pie pan. Press to form the crust. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour into the pie crust.
- Cover the filling with the second pie crust and seal the edges. Cut a few slits in the top. If you feel so inclined, cut strips and do a lattice top.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 45 minutes, or until crust is golden and apples are tender. Cool pie at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with whipped cream, or vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.
Note: If edges of crust start to brown too quickly, cover them with strips of aluminum foil.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.