National Apple Pie Day: How to Make an Easy All-American Apple Pie (It Really Is Easy As Pie) by Donna John
What's better than a slice of apple pie? A slice of an easy-to-make apple pie!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts
- 5 - 6 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Here’s how you make it:
- Let two pie crusts sit at room temp about 20 minutes, then lay one on the bottom a glass pie plate or aluminum pie pan. Press to form the crust. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour into the pie crust.
- Cover the filling with the second pie crust and seal the edges. Cut a few slits in the top. If you feel so inclined, cut strips and do a lattice top.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 45 minutes, or until crust is golden and apples are tender. Cool pie at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Tip: If edges of crust start to brown too quickly, cover them with strips of aluminum foil.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pie Plates $6 & Up
Aluminum Pie Plates $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Ground Nutmeg $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.