Don’t Be Bleu on National Cheese Lover's Day: 7 Easy Ways to Use Blue Cheese by Donna John
First, is it “blue” or “bleu” cheese? According to my extensive research, “blue” is English and “bleu” is French. It's that simple. So both are fine to use when referring to this stinky cheese. However you spell it, here are seven quick and easy ways to use it!
- With an electric mixer, whip your favorite blue cheese with Greek yogurt to create a dip for veggies, crackers or chips.
- Add a little milk to your blue cheese yogurt dip until it’s blue cheese dressing and drizzle over salad greens.
- For a quick appetizer, crumble blue cheese over hot potato chips and then sprinkle with chopped apple.
- Combine 5 ounces heavy cream and 1 ounce blue cheese in a saucepan and cook, stirring, until cheese has melted and incorporates into cream. Serve over steak, chicken or your favorite vegetable.
- Add a slab of blue cheese to your cheese tray along with sliced apples, pears, blueberries and honey. (Don’t forget the wine!)
- Cut up a baguette and toast it, then top with blue cheese and a slice of pear. A quick trip under the broiler to the melt the cheese and a drizzle of honey and you have an appetizer fancy enough for a dinner party.
- Pour one stick of butter you’ve melted in a baking dish and top with one can of biscuits you’ve cut into quarters. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes. Serve with toothpicks.
Not so blue anymore, are you?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.