Best Flan Recipe Ever: This Easy Flan Recipe Will Make You Rethink Flan by Donna John
Crinkle your nose when someone orders flan? This easy cream cheese flan recipe may just turn you into a flan fan. It did me. This creamy Mexican flan recipe is incredibly easy to make, has simple ingredients and tastes amazing.
For this cream cheese flan you'll need granulated sugar, water, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla and evaporated milk. The caramel is made in a saucepot with the granulated sugar and water, and then poured into individual ramekins. The flan base is made in a blender by pulsing cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla together. The evaporated milk is whisked in before the mixture is poured on top of the caramel. Bake the flans in a water bath until just set (do not overbake!). Chill the flan in the refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pro Tip: I like to dip the bottom of the ramekins in hot water for a couple minutes before inverting onto the plate. This loosens up the caramel so more of it pours out over the flan.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes plus chill time
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
Here's how to make it:
- Put six 6-ounce dessert ramekins in a large baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the caramel, heat the sugar and water together in a small pot over low heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook until it turns a dark, golden brown, about 10 minutes. Swirl the caramel occasionally to keep the sugar from forming crystals on the sides of the pot. Pour the hot caramel into the ramekins.
- Combine the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and whisk in the evaporated milk. Divide the mixture between the ramekins.
- Place the baking pan with the ramekins into the oven. Gently pour water into the baking pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake about 45 minutes, or until the sides are set but the center still jiggles slightly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before covering with foil and placing in the refrigerator to cool completely (at least 4 hours). When ready to serve, gently run a knife around the edges of the flans. Invert each one onto individual serving dishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.