Green Monster Muffins Recipe: A Healthy Muffin Recipe for Halloween by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Why not flex your parental power and establish a “green food day" of the week and introduce new green foods on that day? These muffins are also perfect for St. Patrick's Day or Halloween, or anytime you want some fun, healthy food.
The secret ingredient in these green muffins? Spinach!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4 cups raw baby spinach
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Here’s how to make it:
- In a blender, combine spinach and bananas. Blend until spinach changes to a liquid state.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and allspice. Mix well. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and butter. Mix on high speed until creamy and sugar crystals begin to dissolve, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time mixing well in between each addition.
- Slowly beat in the spinach-banana mixture. Add vanilla. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well to combine.
- Scoop the batter into two regular-size muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking spray or two greased loaf pans. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for approximately 30 to 45 minutes or until muffins spring back to the touch and are slightly browned on edges (60 to 90 minutes if baking loafs). Test for doneness by running a toothpick in the center. If it pulls out clean, loafs are done.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $6 & Up
Green Cupcake Liners $5 & Up
Coconut Sugar $5 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Gluten-Free Flour $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Allspice $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Baking Powder $3 & Up
Cane Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.