Epic Cream Corn Recipe: This Sweet Creamed Corn Recipe Has a Kick to It by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
If you like creamed corn, you will love this epic creamed corn recipe. And if you don't think you like creamed corn, I'm pretty sure this sweet corn recipe with a serious flavor kick will change your mind.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 8 ears fresh shucked corn off the cob, or 1 pound frozen white kernels and 1 pound frozen yellow kernels (or all yellow)
- 1/2 onion, peeled halved and studded with 3-4 cloves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 pint unsweetened whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 - 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons very cold butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- chopped fresh pimento, to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- paprika, for garnish
Here’s how you make it:
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine all the ingredients except for the butter and flour bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small dish, combine the flour and butter to form a paste. Mix into the corn and continue to cook until thick.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, white pepper and Cayenne. Add additional sugar if you prefer your recipe a bit sweeter. Remove smashed garlic and studded onion before serving and discard. Serve piping hot. Garnish with a sprinkling of paprika and chopped parsley.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.