Easiest Sugar Cookie Recipe: This Simple Sugar Cookies Recipe Makes the Easiest Christmas Cookies Ever by Kathy Widenhouse
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 33 to 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Easy Royal Icing (here's a royal icing recipe)
- colored sugar and sprinkles (optional)
Here’s how to make them:
- Cream butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, a bit at a time, until well blended. Add flour to butter mixture gradually. Beat until well blended. Divide dough in half. Wrap both halves in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set one half of the cookie dough on a cutting board surface. Cover the dough with a piece of plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut cookies with cookie cutters. With a spatula, remove cookies from the rolling surface and place them on the prepared baking sheets 1 inch apart. Rework unused scraps together to form a new ball, roll out, and cut more cookies until all dough is cut into cookies. Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar crystals or decorations (if you are not planning to frost them).
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies for 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost undecorated cookies with Easy Royal Icing and decorate with colored sugar or sprinkles. Store cookies in an airtight container with waxed paper in between layers.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sprinkles $3 & Up
Cooling Racks $7 & Up
Cookie Cutters $4 & Up
Rolling Pins $5 & Up
Bakeware Sets $8 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Colored Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.