The Best Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe: This Moist Cinnamon Cookie Recipe Has Oodles of Cinnamon by Donna John
Sorry chocolate chip, but if I had to pick one cookie that was my all-time favorite it would be snickerdoodles, or as I like to call them, my grandma's cinnamon cookies. I like to make them bigger and under-bake just a little, so they stay ooey and gooey.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Here's how you make them:
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, cream together the shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Put in the fridge and chill about an hour.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Set aside.
- Roll the chilled dough into balls and then roll into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake on cookie sheets in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 9 to 12 minutes, depending on how big you made them. Touch the tops to test for doneness (they should still be a little soft). DO NOT OVERBAKE!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cream of Tartar $3 & Up
Shortening $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.