Best Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe: Santa Won't Snicker at These Soft Cinnamon Cookies by Donna John
Sorry chocolate chip, but if I had to pick one cookie that was my all-time favorite it would be snickerdoodles, or as I like to call them, my grandma's cinnamon cookies. I like to make these moist cinnamon cookies bigger and under-bake just a little, so they stay ooey and gooey.
This snickerdoodle cookie recipe is what you need while you sip on that tea, coffee or milk. One bite and you'll be hooked. They are the perfect cookie for your Christmas cookie tray or holiday dessert table. I hope your family enjoys this cookie recipe as much as mine. Leave a plate of them for Santa!
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes plus 1 hour to chill
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, cream together the shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Put in the fridge and chill about an hour.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Set aside.
- Roll the chilled dough into balls and then roll into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake on cookie sheets in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 9 to 12 minutes, depending on how big you made them. Touch the tops to test for doneness (they should still be a little soft). DO NOT OVERBAKE!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cream of Tartar $3 & Up
Shortening $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.