How to Make German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies! by Donna John
2 months ago
My husband's favorite cake is German chocolate, but when it's just the two of us, we don't need a whole cake sitting around – it's too tempting! Instead, I make him these easy cake mix German chocolate cookies!
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 can coconut pecan frosting
Here’s how you make then:
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Press with your fingers to flatten a little.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan a few minutes before removing to aluminum foil or a cooling rack.
- While the cookies cool, melted the remaining chocolate chips in microwave. Do this in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until smooth.
- When the cookies are completely cool, top each one with some of the pecan-coconut icing and then drizzle with the melted chocolate.