Cake Mix Cookie Recipes: You'll Be Sweet on This Easy German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe by Donna John
My husband's favorite cake is German chocolate, but when it's just the two of us, we don't need a whole cake sitting around – it's too tempting! Instead, I make him these easy cake mix German chocolate cookies.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 can coconut pecan frosting
Here’s how you make then:
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Press with your fingers to flatten a little.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan a few minutes before removing to aluminum foil or a cooling rack.
- While the cookies cool, melted the remaining chocolate chips in microwave. Do this in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until smooth.
- When the cookies are completely cool, top each one with some of the pecan-coconut icing and then drizzle with the melted chocolate.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.