How to Make the Best Texas-Style Chuckwagon Beans (aka Meat Beans)! by Donna John
Would I like it if these beans had less sugar? Yes. And I'm not a big ranch-style bean fan. But, for whatever reason, these beans had me at "hello."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) ranch-style beans, drained
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
Here's how you make them:
- Cook bacon until almost crisp in a large pot. Add the ground beef and onion and continue to cook until meat is browned. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour beans into a 13x9-inch baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour, uncovered.
Note: If you want juicier beans, you could add the pork and beans undrained. I use maple bacon.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.