Cheesy Roasted Garlic Spinach Pizza Recipe: How to Celebrate National Pizza Party Day by Donna John
Roasted garlic gets even creamier when stirred into ricotta cheese. What happens next is pure pizza magic. This easy roasted garlic spinach pizza recipe is sure to be requested over and over.
For this garlicy pizza you'll need a refrigerated or pre-made pizza crust (or make your own homemade pizza dough), a head of roasted garlic, ricotta cheese, fresh spinach, grated Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes. The roasted garlic, ricotta cheese and a little black pepper are mashed together and then spread over the pizza crust. Top with the fresh spinach, mozzarella cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, grated Parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes. Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes and you're ready to pizza party!
Other vegetables could be added to this flavorful spinach pizza recipe. Sliced or chopped red onions and mushrooms would add additional flavor and texture. A drizzle of ranch dressing would also be a fun addition – and who doesn't love ranch with their pizza?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pizza
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust or pre-made pizza crust
- 1 head roasted garlic (get the recipe for roasted garlic)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- black pepper
- 1 bag (5 to 7 ounces) fresh spinach, steamed until wilted or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Lay the uncooked pizza crust on a pizza stone or pizza pan. Set aside.
- Mash the roasted garlic in a bowl. Add the ricotta cheese and black pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Spread the roasted garlic mixture over the crust. Top with the spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with some grated Parmesan and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pizza Pans $6 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Pizza Stones $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.