Best Classic Hummus Recipe: This Easy Chickpea Hummus With Smoked Paprika Is a Simple & Savory Snack by Donna John
Carrot hummus. White bean hummus. Black bean hummus. Avocado hummus. Chocolate hummus. You name it, and someone has made a hummus recipe out of it. Yet sometimes, you just want straight-up chickpea hummus as an appetizer or snack.
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- smoked paprika, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Leave the motor running on low and slowly pour in the olive oil. (You can add a little water to reach desired consistency.) Taste and re-season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Pour the hummus into a serving bowl and sprinkle with some smoked paprika. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Serve with pita chips or vegetables.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.