How to Make Creamy Southern Confetti Corn Casserole! by Donna John
When corn and bacon meet cream cheese, magic happens. This recipe can easily be doubled for larger families.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 small bags frozen corn (about 4 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 - 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- salt and black pepper
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper and green onions to the bacon drippings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, cream cheese and half-and-half. Cook until everything is melted and combined.
- Season with lots of black pepper and salt, to taste.
- Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle the top with the bacon. You can also stir some of the bacon into the corn, if desired.
Note: I love red bell pepper, so sometimes I add the whole thing depending on how big it is. When I double this recipe, I do not double the amount of bacon.