How to Make No-Bake Brownies (No Wheat, Sugar or Dairy)! by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
Here's a healthy brownie recipe that will second as breakfast. With no wheat, sugar or dairy, even strict diets can enjoy this tasty dessert, morning, noon or night.
- 16 pitted dates
- 1 cup raw unsalted, unroasted walnuts
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or Enjoy Life dairy-free mini chips
Here’s how to make them:
- Blend walnuts in a food processor until it looks like meal.
- Slowly add the pitted dates, one at a time, while the food processor is spinning. Stop and use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to scrap the excess off the sides of the processor bowl. Continue to blend until it looks like chocolate chip cookie dough (without the chips yet).
- Add the 2/3 cup cocoa powder until blended and it looks like brownie batter.
- Slowly pulse in the cacao chips and raisins until desired consistency.
- Press into a square or rectangular glass pan. (I use waxed paper and a smooth glass to roll over the dough.) Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to form. Cut and eat! Serve with sliced berries, coconut flakes or banana.
You have to eat at least three times a day, so why not love what you're eating and feed yourself food that will love you back? Discover new and interesting ways to prepare and "get involved" with food!
Dairy, nut and soy free, these semi-sweet chips satisfy everyone's chocolate cravings. 2 10-ounce packages