After-School Treats: No-Bake Brownies Have No Wheat, Sugar or Dairy! by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
Here's a healthy brownie recipe that will second as breakfast. With no wheat, sugar or dairy, even strict diets can enjoy this tasty dessert, morning, noon or night.
- 16 pitted dates
- 1 cup raw unsalted, unroasted walnuts
- 2/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or Enjoy Life dairy-free mini chips
Here’s how to make them:
- Blend walnuts in a food processor until it looks like meal.
- Slowly add the pitted dates, one at a time, while the food processor is spinning. Stop and use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to scrap the excess off the sides of the processor bowl. Continue to blend until it looks like chocolate chip cookie dough (without the chips yet).
- Add the 2/3 cup cocoa powder until blended and it looks like brownie batter.
- Slowly pulse in the cacao chips and raisins until desired consistency.
- Press into a square or rectangular glass pan. (I use waxed paper and a smooth glass to roll over the dough.) Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to form. Cut and eat! Serve with sliced berries, coconut flakes or banana.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.