Healthier Sweets: How to Make Flourless Blondie Chocolate Chip Bars! by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
The best treats are those that can offer fiber, protein and good carbs. Take one bit of these blondie chocolate chip bars and you'll never scream white flour again.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas/garbanzo beans (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- level 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or allergy-free chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips)
Here’s how you make them:
- Blend all ingredients except chips until very smooth in a food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips.
- Scoop into a greased or tinfoil-lined 8×8 pan. Sprinkle top with some chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25-30 minutes.
They might look a little under-cooked when you take them out of the oven, but they firm up as they cool – you don’t want them to get too hard. Makes about 16 squares.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.