How to Make the Best Caramel Brownies Ever (We Dare You to Eat Just One)! by Christine Jones
When I worked at NBC in NYC, we had an admin, Roberta, for our group that was like our second mother. Among her many talents were her baking skills. She was the BEST baker! One of my favorite treats were her caramel brownies. I was ecstatic when I rediscovered her recipe the other day. Now you, too, can enjoy Roberta's brownies. I dare you to eat just one!
- 1 bag (11 ounces) Kraft Caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (1 small 5-ounce can)
- 1 package Devil's Food Cake Mix (or any chocolate flavor you like)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (12 ounces) mini chocolate chips
Here’s how you make them:
- Melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk gently over low heat, or microwave for 3 minutes stirring after every minute. (First minute you cannot really stir, but after the second minute they do start to melt).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan. (I actually used a nonstick aluminum foil and they come out of the pan easier.)
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, remaining 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk and butter until blended. The batter will be stiff but you can get it blended. Press 2/3 of resulting cake mixture in bottom of pan. Bake for 6 minutes.
- After removing baked cake mixture from oven, pour melted caramel mixture over it evenly. Cover with chocolate chips. Crumble remaining cake mixture on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool well before cutting.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.