Best Caramel Brownies Recipe Ever: Ultimate Caramel Brownie Recipe Has 5 Ingredients by Christine Jones
When I worked at NBC, our group had an administrative assistant, Roberta, that was like our second mother. Among her many talents were her baking skills. She was the BEST baker! One of my favorite treats she would make for us were her amazing caramel brownies. They were an incredible dessert, or for when we just needed a chocolate fix.
I was ecstatic when I rediscovered her delicious brownie recipe. Now you, too, can enjoy Roberta's ultimate caramel brownies. They're for when you want a serious sugar rush, and I dare you to eat just one!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- 1 bag (11 ounces) Kraft Caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (1 small 5-ounce can)
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix (or any chocolate flavor cake or brownie mix you like)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (12 ounces) mini chocolate chips
Here’s how you make it:
- Melt caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk gently over low heat, or microwave for 3 minutes, stirring after every minute. (First minute you cannot really stir, but after the second minute they do start to melt).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13x9-inch pan. (I actually used a nonstick aluminum foil and they come out of the pan easier.)
- In large bowl, combine cake/brownie mix, remaining 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk and butter until blended. The batter will be stiff but you can get it blended. Press 2/3 of resulting cake/brownie mixture in bottom of pan. Bake for 6 minutes.
- After removing baked cake/brownie mixture from oven, pour melted caramel mixture over it evenly. Cover with chocolate chips. Crumble remaining cake/brownie mixture on top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool well before cutting.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Kraft Vanilla Caramels $2 & Up
Devil's Food Cake Mix $1 & Up
Evaporated Milk $2 & Up
Mini Chocolate Chips $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.