When Candy & Cheesecake Meet: How to Make Heath Bar Cheesecake! by sherry bracy
We love cheesecake! Each year we try to make at least one, and instead of just plain we add some Heath candy bar bits to it! So good! Use your imagination! If you prefer a different candy, like peanut butter cups or malted milk balls, just chop them up and add them!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Heath or toffee bits (or you can chop up Heath candy bars, which will add some chocolate too!)
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine graham crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. (I used my heart-shaped one!)
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each, just until blended. Fold in Heath bar bits or chopped Heath candy bar. Pour over crust.
- Bake 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake. Cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours before serving.