Pear Cranberry Jam: A Favorite Recipe Throughout the Holiday Season! by Tiffany C
Fruit Contest Entries Breakfast Holidays
6 years ago
Add to collection
I made this for Thanksgiving and we're enjoying it all holiday season! We had it on toast, biscuits and on my pumpkin spice muffins. This recipe won first place in the Holiday Recipe Contest!
- 4 pears (I used the comice pears from Stew Leonard's)
- 1 bag cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix the chopped pears, cranberries and sugar in a large, non-reactive pot. (I used my Le Crueset-type pot.) Stir to combine until the sugar has dissolved.
- When it seems the fruit has released some juice, put the pot over high heat and boil. When boiled, reduce the heat a little until you have low bubbles. Cook the jam, stirring once in a while, until it has reduced a great deal and begins to look thick and sticky.
- When the jam seems to be almost done, add the lemon zest and juice. When you've arrived at a texture you like, remove the jam from the heat and funnel into prepared jars. Wipe rims, apply lids and rings and process jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
This was enough to fill two regular ball jars and a smaller one.