Coconut Drop Refrigerator Candy: Bet You Can’t Eat Just One! by Judy Thow
So who likes Mounds coconut candy? If so you will love this easy recipe. It is so easy and fast that I always make during the holidays. These candies make a unique addition to your homemade gifts. I bet you can't just eat one.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry instant milk
- 3 cups coconut
- 1 package (6 ounces) chocolate chips
Here's how you make them:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat. Add the water and vanilla.
- Add the powdered sugar and dry milk to the mixture about a 1/2 cup at a time. Mix well.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Place a teaspoon full of the coconut mixture on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Repeat until all candies are made.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Put a swirl of the chocolate on top of each piece of candy.
- Chill in the fridge. Makes about 25 candies.