Grandma's Orange Ginger Carrots Recipe: A Beloved Family Recipe by Judy Thow
My grandchildren have already called me to check out what is on our Thanksgiving menu. They wanted to make sure I was fixing Aunt J's orange ginger carrots. This vegetable side dish recipe is loved by all – young and old.
One of our most precious aunts shared this recipe with our family. We have been enjoying it for more years than I can remember. I hope that once you try these delicious carrots you will be as hooked as we are!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the carrots until tender. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and ginger in a saucepan. Add the orange juice and butter. Cook until slightly thickened. Add to the carrots. Garnish with parsley.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.