How to Make a Pumpkin Cheesecake As Good As You Know Who’s! by Donna John
You know that place that is famous – and even named – for cheesecake? Well, this recipe is just as good – really! Impress your guests this Thanksgiving with a slice or two!
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 6 eggs, beaten, at room temp
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- whipped cream
- chopped pecans
Here’s how you make it:
- Coat a 10-inch springform pan with a little melted butter.
- Add the remaining butter, graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix well. Press it into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan. Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for about 15-20 minutes. Remove and cool while making the filling.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil while making the filling for the water bath.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the remaining 2 1/2 cups sugar and beat well. Beat in the sour cream, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, 1 teaspoon salt, cinnamon and ginger until just combined.
- Wrap the bottom of the springform pan with aluminum foil and set it in a roasting pan. Pour the batter into the crust and place it in the oven. Slowly pour the boiling water into the roasting pan until it comes about halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake until the outside of the cheesecake is set but the middle is still a little jiggly, about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Turn off the oven, crack the door to let out some of the heat and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour. Remove and cool. Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving – overnight is best.
- To serve, remove from springform pan. Serve with whipped cream and chopped pecans on top.
Note: You could use pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon and ginger.
Springform Pan $12
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.