How to Turn Pretzels Into Adorable Turkeys for Thanksgiving! by Donna John
9 months ago
It's easy to transform pretzel rods into sweet turkeys! These treats are a fun addition to your Thanksgiving table – and kids love them!
- pretzel rods
- chocolate candy coating
- edible eyes
- strawberry fruit leather
- orange fruit leather
- candy corn
- chocolate sprinkles
Here’s how you make them:
- Put a large sheet of aluminum foil on your work surface.
- Put the chocolate candy coating into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave in 1-minute increments, stirring in between, until smooth and completely melted.
- Place your pretzel rod in the bowl, holding the end, and spoon the melted chocolate to cover all but the top third of the pretzel. Allow excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Lay the pretzel on the foil and immediately cover with chocolate sprinkles.
- Gently press the candy corn around the top of the pretzel to create the turkey’s feathers (you can diagonally cut the pointed ends off of the candy corn and it will have more area to stick to the chocolate).
- Cut a tiny beak out of the orange fruit leather and attach.
- Cut a tiny gobbler out of the red fruit leather and attach.
- Add edible eyes.
- Allow pretzels to dry completely before storing in an airtight container or displaying on a platter.
Note: Red and orange tube icing could be used instead of the fruit leather.
All the rich, hearty flavor of traditional pretzels in a crunchy, unique shape.
Edible Eyes $6
Put a fun face on cookies, cupcakes, candy and cake pops!
Contains no artificial flavors. Variety pack of 10.
Excellent for almond bark candy, candy-coated pretzels and more.
Made with real honey! 72-ounce bag