Cravin' Cranberries? How to Make Cream Cheese Cranberry Bread! by Donna John
Cranberries aren't just for cranberry sauce! This moist cream cheese cranberry bread recipe may take some of the spotlight off that pecan pie at your holiday gathering.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
Here’s how you make it:
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add the wet to the dry and stir until just incorporated. Do not overmix! Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F about 60-65 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test (it comes out clean). Allow to cool in the pan about 10 minutes before removing.
This 9x5-inch loaf pan’s heavy-duty construction resists warping and heats evenly to brown beautifully and help reduce hot spots.
Unique corrugated surface design facilitates air circulation for evenly baked goods and quick release.