20-Minute Crispy Black Bean Tacos Recipe Is a Family Pleaser by Donna John
The corn tortillas are crisped up in a skillet, and complement the creamy, seasoned black bean filling. If you have a meat-lover in the family, you could add seasoned ground beef to the filling. Add your favorite taco toppings!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- olive oil
- corn tortillas
- garnishes: sliced avocado or guacamole, sour cream, salsa
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the black beans, red onion, cumin, paprika, cilantro, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a bowl. Mash everything together (I like to leave it just a little chunky).
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet. Put 2 to 3 corn tortillas on the bottom (depending on the size of your pan). Add about 1/4 cup or so of the filling to one side of the tortillas. Top with some grated cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over the filling to create the taco. Press gently with a spatula and cook until it gets really crispy, then flip and continue to cook until the other side is crispy. Serve with desired garnishes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.