Slow-cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe: Tasty Tortilla Soup Recipe That Cooks Itself by Erica Kane
Who doesn't love chicken tortilla soup? With this easy chicken tortilla soup recipe, you toss a few ingredients in your slow cooker and about three hours later you have a hearty, warm and family-pleasing meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours and 10 minutes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 8 - 9 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Vulcan Fire Salt, optional (see link below)
- garnishes: diced avocado, cilantro, shredded cheddar, sliced limes
Here’s how to make it:
- Place chicken thighs at the bottom of a slow cooker. It's OK to overlap them.
- Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, diced chiles, chicken stock, chili powder, cumin, Vulcan salt, if using, salt and pepper on top of chicken. Mix together.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Add corn tortillas to soup before you begin shredding to integrate it. Serve with garnishes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Slow Cookers $25 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $1 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $1 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.