Homemade Pickle Recipe: How to Make Bread & Butter Pickles Like Grandma Made by Donna John
My grandma’s pickles are a fond childhood memory of mine. She had the idea of adding the cauliflower – and it’s my favorite part of these sweet pickles. I make them at least once a month and have to share with friends and family (had two requests for more this weekend). Give ‘em a try!
- 5 - 6 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Put the sliced cucumbers in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Let it sit for about 1 hour. Drain off as much water as you can.
- In a large pot, add all ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put into sterilized jars or plastic containers.
- Let them cool and then store in the refrigerator. Wait at least 24 hours before eating them (if you can!).
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mason Jars $7 & Up
Colanders $6 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Celery Seeds $2 & Up
Mustard Seeds $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
White Vinegar $3 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.