Easy Pickle Recipe: This Quick Bread & Butter Pickles Recipe Is Just Like Grandma Made by Donna John
My grandma’s pickles are a fond childhood memory of mine. She had the idea of adding the cauliflower – and it’s my favorite part of these sweet pickles. I make them at least once a month and have to share with friends and family (had two requests for more this weekend). Give them a try!
Prep Time: 1 hour to soak
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- 5 - 6 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets (optional)
Here's how you make it:
- Put the sliced cucumbers in a colander and sprinkle with the salt. Let it sit for about 1 hour. Drain off as much water as you can.
- In a large pot, add all ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put into sterilized mason jars or plastic containers.
- Let them cool and then store in the refrigerator. Wait at least 24 hours before eating them (if you can!).
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mason Jars $7 & Up
Colanders $6 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Celery Seeds $2 & Up
Mustard Seeds $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
White Vinegar $3 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.