Got 8 Minutes? How to Make Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle! by Judy Thow
a year ago
Peanut brittle in eight minutes? You read right!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Here’s how you make it:
- Stir sugar and syrup together in 1 1/2-quart casserole. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts. Microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla to syrup, blending well. Microwave on high 1 minute. (Caution: syrup is very hot!)
- Add baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy.
- Quickly pour and spread mixture evenly on greased cookie sheet.
- Let cool 30 minutes to 1 hour. When cool break into small pieces.
Store in airtight container.