Moist Applesauce Cake Recipe With Caramel Icing Is a Hall of Famer by Judy Thow
Ready for some fall baking? Moist and delicious, this applesauce cake recipe is sure to become a fall family favorite. The cake is moist and full of apple goodness. The sweet caramel icing takes it to hall of fame status.
Let's bake this cake! To make the moist applesauce cake and caramel icing you will need flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cocoa powder, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, applesauce, raisins (optional), walnuts, powdered sugar, butter, brown sugar and milk.
Any leftover caramel icing is great spread on graham crackers or used as a dip for fresh apples. This is sure to become a family favorite.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: 12 (makes 1 cake)
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups unsweetened applesauce, heated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Bundt Pan
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Stand Mixer
- For some crunch, sprinkle the outside of the cake with chopped nuts.
- Store any leftover cake in an airtight container.
Here’s how to make it:
- Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt cake pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Stir oil and sugar together thoroughly. Add to the flour mixture and blend.
- Stir in hot applesauce.
- Mix in raisins and nuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 55 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Frost cake when thoroughly cooled.
- To make caramel icing, melt butter in a pan and add brown sugar. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Add milk and beat well. Return to full boil. Cool to lukewarm and add in powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 29.2g
Saturated Fat: 7.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 86g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1g
Total Sugars: 75g
Vitamin D: 5mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.