Fall Baking: How to Make a Moist Applesauce Cake With Caramel Icing! by Judy Thow
Moist and delicious, this cake is sure to become a fall family favorite. The leftover caramel icing is great spread on graham crackers!
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups unsweetened applesauce, heated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Here’s how to make it:
- Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt cake pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Stir oil and sugar together thoroughly. Add to the flour mixture and blend.
- Stir in hot applesauce.
- Mix in raisins and nuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake in a preheatd 325-degree F oven for 55 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Frost cake when thoroughly cooled.
- To make caramel icing, melt butter in a pan and add brown sugar. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Add milk and beat well. Return to full boil. Cool to lukewarm and add in powdered sugar.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bundt Pans $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.