Halloween Finger Food: How to Turn Pretzels Into Frankenstein's Fingers! by Donna John
10 months ago
Kids will love taking a bite out of Frankenstein’s finger on Halloween! They’re really simple to make!
- pretzel rods
- whole almonds
- almond bark
- green powdered food coloring
- aluminum foil
Here's how you make them:
- Put a large sheet of aluminum foil on your work surface.
- Put the almond bark into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave in 1-minute increments, stirring in between, until smooth and completely melted.
- Add a small amount of the powdered green food coloring and mix well. Continue until you reach desired color.
- Place your pretzel rod in the bowl, holding the end, and spoon the melted almond bark to cover all but about one-third of the pretzel. Allow excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Lay on aluminum foil and gently press a whole almond onto the end to create the fingernail.
- Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Allow pretzels to dry completely.
Note: Do not use water-based food coloring. It will make the almond bark seize up.
Use in chocolates, dry mixes and many other applications where water is prohibited. Use sparingly as powdered colors are extremely concentrate. You get seven colors!
All the rich, hearty flavor of traditional pretzels in a crunchy, unique shape. They’re perfect for dipping or decorating.
Almond Bark $11
Perfect for coated pretzels and more! 24 ounces
Signature almonds are the finest quality nuts available, bursting with a crunchy, mouthwatering taste.