Halloween Finger Food: How to Turn Pretzels Into Frankenstein's Fingers! by Donna John
Kids will love taking a bite out of Frankenstein’s finger on Halloween! They’re really simple to make!
- pretzel rods
- whole almonds
- almond bark
- green powdered food coloring
- aluminum foil
Here's how you make them:
- Put a large sheet of aluminum foil on your work surface.
- Put the almond bark into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave in 1-minute increments, stirring in between, until smooth and completely melted.
- Add a small amount of the powdered green food coloring and mix well. Continue until you reach desired color.
- Place your pretzel rod in the bowl, holding the end, and spoon the melted almond bark to cover all but about one-third of the pretzel. Allow excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Lay on aluminum foil and gently press a whole almond onto the end to create the fingernail.
- Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Allow pretzels to dry completely.
Note: Do not use water-based food coloring. It will make the almond bark seize up.
Almond Bark $11
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.