Halloween Side Dish: How to Make Monster Mashed Potato Ghosts! by Donna John
Mashed potato ghosts? What child – or adult – could resist? Pair them with a healthy protein and your family will have energy to spare as you haunt the streets on Halloween night!
- mashed potatoes (your favorite recipe)
- frozen peas, thawed
Here’s how to make them:
- Whip the mashed potatoes with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Cook peas according to package directions.
- Cut the end off of a large plastic zipper bag.
- Fill the bag with the mashed potatoes.
- Pipe mounds of potato directly on dinner plates to form the ghost, or pipe onto a bed of peas.
- Add two peas for the eyes.
To make it healthier, you could do a mixture of mashed potatoes and cauliflower. Serve with an extra bowl of eyeballs (aka peas)!