Carrot Salad Recipes: Carrot Salad With Roasted Cashews & Spicy Honey Vinaigrette by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
Remember grandma's carrot salad with raisins and mayo recipe? Try this updated version.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted, raw cashews
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and julienned
- basil leaves, finely chopped (for garnish)
Here’s how you make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toast cashews on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
- Add the garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup cashews, honey, salt and pepper to a blender or food processor. Process and slowly add the oil by drizzling through the feeder tube. Continue until mixture is emulsified into a creamy vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking with salt, pepper, honey or lemon.
- Add carrots. Toss and let sit at least 30 minutes.
- Toss with additional cashews and chopped basil just before serving.
Do ahead: Salad can be made one day ahead without the nuts and basil. Cover and chill. Toss with 1/2 cup remaining nuts and chopped basil just before serving.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.