Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe: This Healthy Baked Oatmeal Recipe Is Perfect for Pumpkin Spice Lovers by Christine Jones
Calling all lovers of pumpkin and oatmeal! This delicious pumpkin pie baked oatmeal recipe is for you. The pumpkin goodness bakes down into a spiced, nutrient-rich glaze that pairs perfectly with the nutty flavor of toasted oats.
This healthy pumpkin spice oatmeal recipe is perfect for breakfast or even a more leisurely brunch. Pumpkin lovers, rejoice!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons date puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups skim milk or preferred nut milk
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of salt, or to taste
Here’s how you make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat in an oven-proof pan with an oven-proof lid. Stir in the oats and fry them, stirring frequently until they smell toasted.
- Push the oats to the side and add remaining oil. Add in the pumpkin. Fry it, stirring after about a minute.
- Stir in the sugar and spices, and continue frying the puree until color darkens slightly and raw smell disappears.
- Pour in the milk and whisk to combine. Whisk in the water, vanilla and salt.
- Put a lid on the pan and put it in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Stir and allow oatmeal to sit for a few minutes to thicken and cool before serving.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Canola Oil $3 & Up
Steel Cut Oats $2 & Up
Pumpkin Puree $2 & Up
Date Puree $6 & Up
Cinnamon $3 & Up
Ginger $3 & Up
Ground Cloves $3 & Up
Ground Nutmeg $4 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.