Start Your Day Right: How to Make Simple Slow Cooker Oatmeal! by Christine Jones
Nothing says fall like the smell of apples and spice drifting through the kitchen! Wake up to this amazing aroma and a comforting bowl of hot oatmeal with this simple slow cooker oatmeal recipe from Guiding Stars. It will get your family started on the right foot with a hearty serving of whole-grain and fruit.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
Here’s how to make it:
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and set to low heat.
- Cover and let cook for 8-9 hours.
- Stir and remove to serving bowls.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.