Creepy Cake Pops: How to Turn Cake Pops Into Spiders for Halloween Fun by Donna John
What are you doing with the kids this weekend? Transform cake pops into super cute (and kind of creepy) spiders! These cuties are a simple addition to Halloween parties – or pass them out to trick-or-treaters!
- 1 recipe cake pops (get the recipe here)
- black sugar or sprinkles
- licorice strings, cut into 2- to 3-inch lengths
- edible eyes
Here's how to make them:
- Make cake pops according to recipe using chocolate cake mix, chocolate icing and melted milk chocolate to coat.
- After you dip the cake balls in the chocolate, coat with black sugar crystals or black sprinkles.
- Gently push edible eyes into the chocolate. If you have trouble getting them to stick, you can use a dab of the leftover chocolate icing or melted chocolate.
- Bend the licorice to form a curve. Gently push the licorice "legs" into the cake pop.
Licorice Laces $17
Edible Eyes $6
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.