Baked Oatmeal Muffins Recipe: These Yummy Apple Banana Baked Oatmeal Muffins Are Great On the Go by Christine Jones
Busy mornings call for breakfast on the go. These baked oatmeal muffins are the champs of make-ahead breakfast foods. Bake up a batch at the beginning of the week and keep them in the fridge for an easy reheat option for a healthy breakfast or snacks you can take with you.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
Here’s how you make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce and bananas together in a bowl until well blended.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in milk until all is blended.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray, or line with cupcake liners. Pour mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake 30 minutes (a toothpick in center should come out clean). Serve warm. Store leftovers in the fridge.