Baked Oatmeal Cups: A Quick & Easy Breakfast Recipe for Busy Mornings by Christine Jones
These little baked oatmeal cups from Guiding Stars are the champs of make-ahead breakfast foods! Mix up a big batch at the beginning of the week and keep them in the fridge for an easy reheat option for breakfast or snacks. They’re definitely better warm as the texture is that of baked oatmeal, not of muffins. Toss in a little extra fruit or nuts to customize the recipe for your family.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 banana, mashed
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups 1% milk
Here’s how you make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce and banana together in a bowl until well blended.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in milk.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Pour mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake 30 minutes (a toothpick in center should come out clean).
Serve warm. Store leftovers in the fridge.