Got Green JELL-O? 2 Easy Halloween Treats Sure to Get Oohh's & Aahh's! by Christine Jones
Kids will love these funny Frankenstein treats and creepy crawly spider cups! You will, too, when you see how simple they are to make!
- 1 box lime JELL-O
- plastic spiders
- clear plastic dessert glasses
- permanent marker
- small malted milk balls like Whoppers (although chocolate chips or Oreo crumbs would work just as well)
Here’s how you make the Frankenstein treats:
- Using the permanent marker, draw Frankenstein’s face on the plastic cups.
- Prepare the JELL-O according to package directions. Pour into the cups.
- Place the filled cups in refrigerator to allow to set.
- Before serving, cover the top of each with mini Whoppers, chocolate chips or crushed Oreos.
Here’s how you make the spider cups:
- Prepare the JELL-O according to package directions. Pour into cups.
- Place the filled cups in refrigerator.
- Once the JELL-O is semi-set (around 30-40 minutes) remove cups from the refrigerator and place 2-3 plastic spiders into each cup. Return to the refrigerator for another 2 hours or so until completely set.
Note: The spider treats are not for children under 3 as the spiders can be a choking hazard.